Participants should achieve an appropriate level in the use of ECDIS/WECDIS Systems and digital Cartography.
- Use and operate ECDIS/WECDIS systems.
- Use of navigation mode of display screen.
- Select and evaluate all the relevant information and take action in case of malfunction.
- Discover potential mistakes of the given data most common interpretation mistakes.
- Explain the reasons why the operator should not trust the ECDIS/WECDIS system as the only navigation aid.
Officers of the Watch, Bridge Supervisors and any other personnel who stand watches on the bridge.
- Electronic cartography.
- Information systems and visualization of Electronic Cartography.
- Risks associated to the employment of the WECDIS.
- General description of the WECDIS console.
- Display of information.
- Basic navigation.
- Passage planning.
- Navigational aids.
- Alarm management.
- Other functionalities.
Learning materials for training will be provided by the Institution.